Upchurch, Bailey and Upchurch provides strategic and solutions-oriented counsel in tax-related matters for corporations and their shareholders, partnerships and their partners, limited liability companies and their members, and tax-exempt organizations. Services include:
- Mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and reorganizations.
- Operational arrangements such as shareholder agreements, employment contracts, buy-sell agreements, business succession plans, and deferred compensation arrangements.
- Interpreting, structuring, and negotiating transactions to maximize tax benefits and minimize tax costs.
- Real estate development and investment undertakings, many of which are structured as joint ventures or other profit-participation arrangements.
- Federal and state tax exemptions, helping our clients keep and make the most of tax-exempt status and public charity status.
- Representing clients before federal and state taxing authorities and courts such as the Internal Revenue Service, United States Court of Federal Claims, United States District Courts and Courts of Appeal, and the Florida Department of Revenue.
- Representing clients in disputes involving state and local corporate income tax, sales tax, and documentary and intangible taxes.