Currently, Upchurch serves as chair of the Faculty Senate and as an advisor of Omicron Delta Kappa, the college’s leadership organization. He is also the Director of the Law Program and serves as a First Year Advisor for incoming freshmen, whom he aids in transitioning successfully to college.
His continuing contribution to Flagler’s academic excellence and the success of his students marks him as among Flagler’s finest professors, for which he was honored with the Flagler College Dean’s Award for Outstanding Teaching in 2009. He was also voted the Faculty Member of the Year by the student body in 2015.
- Florida State University (A.A., 1976);
- Davidson College (B.A., 1978)
- University of Florida (J.D., 1981)
- The Florida Bar
- St. Johns County Bar Association
- The American Bar Association